The latest official release of BQTournament 2018 is version 4.8, released September 2, 2017.
Version 4.8 (09/02/2017)
- [add] Added 2018 Quiz Season Material.
- [fix] Fixed an issue with contesting and notifying the scorekeeper of quizouts following the contest.
Version 4.6 (03/09/2017)
- [add] Added new districts for the North American Spanish Bible Quiz ministry.
- [fix] Fixed an issue with the same tournament having different dates on different computers, causing the tournaments not to merge or post correctly.
Version 4.2 (02/23/2016)
- [add] Added display of all tournament team based on Percent Contribution. Now a district can choose to honor the all tournament team based on actual PPG, Percent Contribution, or projected PPG.
- [update] Now when a tournament is posted to the website, no notes from individual quizzes are posted with the tournament. This change was necessary due to many districts using questions from the same question writers.
- [fix] Fixed the display of the championship round for posted tournaments.
- [fix] Fixed an issue that caused practice quizzes to not open in rare cases.
Version 4.1 (12/16/2015)
- [add] Added display of all tournament team based on Projected PPG as well as Actual PPG. Now a district can choose to honor the all tournament team based on either actual PPG or projected PPG.
- [update] Improved the left hand navigation panel so that it stays expanded in most cases.
- [update] When a quizzer quizzes or errors out, the scorekeeper is reminded to put a new quizzer in because the dropdown menu automatically opens for that buzzer position.
- [fix] Fixed an issue that prevented deletion of practice quizzes in some cases.
Version 4.0 (09/25/2015)
- [update] Added all verses for the 2016 quiz season for all divisions, including the verses in Spanish.
- [update] Improved the ability to edit session notes for tournaments.
Version 3.9 (05/19/2015)
- [add] The new Team Buzz-In Summary evaluates a team's buzz-in performance at a given tournament. To view, open a tournament of interest and in the Statistics folder in the left-hand navigation panel choose the Team BuzzIn Summary. Select a team of interest, and if you are connected to wi-fi your browser should open automatically showing very detailed statistics for that team's tournament performance.
- [add] The new Quiz Practice Buzz-In Summary evaluates quizzer buzz-in performance for practice quizzes. To view, expand the Practices folder in the left-hand navigation panel and choose Practice BuzzIn Summary. Select a date range for practices of interest and view the stats. If you don't have your quizzers named I added a way to change quizzer names for practice quizzes. Open the scoresheet and next to the Reset Buzzer System black handle button is a Edit Teams button. Click it to edit quizzers for that practice quiz.
- [update] Finalized the algorithm for calculating Projected Points Per Game. The projected PPG is determined by finding the percentage of points that a quizzer has earned up until the quiz is locked and then projecting that percentage over the remaining possible points. This differs from the PPS extrapoloated average in that it also takes into account whether a quizzer will quiz out when achieving the projected points, resulting into a more realistic estimation of future performance had the quiz remained competitive. Since most quizzers stop quizzing competitively when a quiz is locked, quizzers with the highest projected PPGs are those quizzers who performed the best while the questions still mattered in determining the quiz outcome.
- [fix] When a quizzer on a team interrupts a question and their teammate mistakenly answers the question, the software will now stay on that same question so that the interrupted question can be reread to the opposing team.
- [update] A quiz coordinator can now prepare session notes for a tournament with ease so that teams know exactly which sessions in which they need to quiz. I have improved session notes for a tournament, with a new capability to save session notes files for any number of teams for later use. I also added ability to delete saved notes files. Access these new features under the main File menu.
Version 3.8 (03/19/2015)
- [update] Improved printing capability of matrix, scoresheet, and tournament summary, and fixed printing bugs that were introduced in version 3.7.
Version 3.7 (02/13/2015)
- [update] Includes the new 2015 Junior Rule Manual. Go to Help - Junior BQ Manual.
- [update] Improved printing capability of matrix, scoresheet, and tournament summary.
- [add] Added function keys to quickly choose whether a response is correct or error. When the scoresheet is awaiting a response from a quizzer (C and E for that quizzer are highlighted in green), the scorekeeper can hit F7 to mark the response as correct, or hit F8 to mark the response as incorrect. This will allow the scorekeeper to quickly mark a response without having to move the mouse to the green highlighted selection for that quizzer.
- [add] In tournament summary, now displays which games are missing information if att cannot be calculated.
- [fix] Fixed a few bugs in the creation of round robin tournaments.
- [fix] Fixed lock status error that did not consider that a quizzer could error out and no longer be able to quiz out with a 10-point bonus. Now if a quizzer errors out, the software appropriately does not consider that they could still get a bonus when determining lock status.
- [update] Improved the lock status so that it always displays lock status based on the last question regardless of if you go back in the scoresheet to an earlier question.
- [update] Added a few prompts to help coordinators remember to turn on and off Live Feed & Backup as needed.
- [update] Improved some of the look and feel of the software so that windows display appropriately.
- [add] The software will now prevent you from overwriting an existing tournament if you try to create a second district tournament on the same day at the same quiz division (beg, jr, int, exp) and level (regular or novice). Only one tournament is allowed per district per date per division per level. To work around this one tournament requirement, you can either change the date or level to be able to quiz for example two junior tournaments on the same day in your district.
Version 3.6 (08/27/2014)
- [update] Verses for the 2015 quiz season are included for all divisions, and in both English and Spanish.
Version 3.3 (03/26/2014)
- [add] Optional tournament password protection is now available. When you create a tournament you can password protect it if desired. The structure of a password-protected tournament cannot be changed, nor can completed quiz scores be adjusted, unless the tournament password is entered correctly. On the main menu choose Help - Recover Tournament Password if you forget your password, but the recovery is not automatic and I will personally contact you to verify that you officiate the tournament.
- [add] Notes (such as session letter or approximate time or room location) can now be added to the matrix. In the left-hand navigation panel choose Setup - Quiz Notes Setup. This feature will be really helpful for larger multi-session tournaments.
- [add] Can now post live games after they have already been completed, so that viewers on the website can see the stats for those quizzes. This feature is also useful for removing completed games from the active live list. On the main menu choose Edit - Post Completed Live Games.
- [update] Can now search for words with apostrophes in material lookup, such as the word father's.
- [add] Added code to allow users to send an error report to technical support. On the main menu choose Help - Send Error Report if a feature fails in the software.
- [update] Improved the live and automatic backup features.
- [fix] Fixed many connection issues, including the ability to post tournaments online successfully.
- [fix] Fixed many minor bugs.
Version 3.0 (02/20/2014)
- [add] Added code to allow tournaments to be retrieved from different servers in case the default server fails.
- [update] Improved both speed and efficiency of backup session retrieval for coordinators.
- [fix] Fixed bug that allowed creation of a practice team with only one quizzer.
Version 2.9 (01/22/2014)
- [update] Improved new File - Update Live Matrix that allows anyone using the software to have their matrix updated quickly based on live games that have been displayed via BQTournament Live.
- [update] Improved automatic backup and sharing of quiz results between multiple sessions at a tournament.
- [add] New Edit - Post Quick to Website feature allows scorekeepers to quickly post an updated matrix to the website without having to tie up their computer and risk waiting for the post to finish during a tournament.
- [update] Coordinator licensed software will now remember whether session backups and live quizzes are desired, and will automatically perform these actions in the background. The scorekeeper can tell that it is working by noticing the green status messages within the software. If the internet communication fails, the status will turn red, and the software will try to reconnect automatically in the background.
- [add] Material lookup is now available in Spanish. To activate, just change the buzzer system language to Spanish in the Preferences Window of the Scoresheet Panel.
Version 2.6 (02/01/2013)
- [update] Updated security settings so that the software can again download tournaments and post tournaments.
Version 2.5 (01/30/2013)
- [update] Updated security settings so that the software can again communicate with the upcquiz website.
Version 2.4 (07/23/2012)
- [update] Updated verses for the 2013 quiz season.
Version 2.3 (03/08/2012)
- [update] Updated many drivers and third-party software so program runs more efficiently.
- [add] Can now limit material lookup to a subset of the material by choosing an end verse on the Preferences screen.
- [update] Championship round now prints on all matrices up to 48 teams.
- [add] Automatic backup when do an import so that have safeguard in place and can go back to state before import if needed.
- [update] Remembers whether or not you want the summary window to display when open a quiz.
Version 2.2 (02/11/2012)
- [update] Lengthened buzzer system initialization time to minimize false readings when start first quiz.
- [fix] Fixed use of team import files for Novice tournaments.
Version 2.1 (02/10/2012)
- [update] Improved round robin code so that can now choose how many quizzes to play.
- [update] Improved use of team import files.
- [update] Improved setup of practice quiz team selection.
- [add] Software now remembers the last save location so you don't have to keep re-finding it.
- [fix] Fixed issue where software crashed if double clicked practice quiz or if tried to open a 2nd practice quiz.
- [fix] Fixed issue of duplicate verses in the senior quiz material.
Version 2.0 (07/25/2011)
- [update] Updated with verses for the 2012 quiz season and updated with the 2012 Junior Quiz Manual.
- [update] If internet connection is lost at any time for coordinators, the live button will become unchecked and will turn red. It will be green if the internet connection is active.
- [fix] More than a 66 team matrix will no longer give an out of memory error.
Version 1.9 (01/25/2011)
- [add] Now have buzzer system language support for English, Russian, and Spanish. You can change the language using the preferences menu on the scoresheet panel.
- [update] Improved the audience display. Now the display shows the name of the quizzer who buzzes in, how many correct and errors they have, the status of each question, who called time out, etc.
- [update] Added medal code for practice quizzes.
- [update] Changed notes to something more intuitive, the word lookup.
- [fix] Fixed a bug that did not allow posting of tournaments if any quizzer had an apostrophe in their name. Now tournaments, teams, and quizzers are allowed to have apostrophes in their names.
- [fix] Fixed a bug that repositioned quizzers at the start of a quiz, different from where they were positioned the previous quiz.
- [fix] Fixed a bug that allowed the quizmaster to tie with a quizzer when starting the 5-second timer with the quizmaster handle.
- [fix] Fixed a bug where sometimes the create tournament from team file used an older created team file for the same tournament rather than the new one specified.
- [fix] If preferences file somehow gets corrupted, code will do an auto fix to resolve the issue.
Version 1.8 (07/26/2010)
- [update] Updated with verses for the 2011 quiz season.
- [fix] Fixed a bug where it failed to increment the total team score variable by the 10 point bonus in the case where yellow 3 quizzes out.
- [update] Now can look up more than two cross reference verses using / key.
Version 1.7 (03/18/2010)
- [add] USB buzzer system quizmaster handle can now be used to start the 5 second timer and indicate that a question is not interrupted.
- [add] For practice quizzes, you can now have a practice team of more than 5 quizzers so that it is easy to mix and match quizzers during practices.
- [add] Have added a print button so can easily print out the buzz-in summary for the buzzer system.
- [add] Have added a print button so can print the team file (with names). This feature allows easy printing of a spread sheet for the teams to look over when they get to the church for team and quizzer name verification.
- [add] Now live feed during quizzes can display the scoresheet for website viewers to follow.
- [add] When the 5 second timer expires, the scorekeeper will automatically be prompted whether or not to mark the question as no-response.
- [add] Added a Reset button to the Game Summary window so that now have an easy way to totally reset or start a game over from scratch.
- [update] Now pop up a message stating the quiz division for practice quizzes to force the user to be aware of the quiz division when starting a practice quiz.
- [update] During timeout, if quizzer hits buzzer it will now continue the 60 second clock but will also register the buzz-in. I did it this way so that you can test the buzzers during a timeout if needed and still keep the 60 second clock running. You may have to call out time yourself at the end of the 60 seconds.
- [update] Improved the user interface look and feel.
- [update] Sped up scrolling. You can now use the middle mouse scroll button to easily view different parts of the window.
- [update] Now show a message when editing teams reminding scorekeepers not to remove or change quizzer orders (except from the drop-down menus in the scoresheet panel) after the start of a tournament.
- [update] Now asks whether a game is a bye/forfeit game when no game scores are provided.
- [fix] Fixed a bug in round robin tournaments that changed the teams in quiz 11 of a 6 team round robin.
- [fix] Fixed a bug that caused the scoresheet to not display in certain cases when quizzers were removed from teams. Also, improved how the initial buzzer positions are remembered for two-member teams.
- [fix] Removed overtime tie message because it was causing an error. Now scorekeepers will know that it is overtime bacause there will not be an EndQuiz button for them to press when the scores are tied.
- [fix] Fixed a bug that allowed championship round games to be played before all of the regular round games were completed in round robin tournaments.
- [fix] Fixed a bug that caused the display of tournament results to freeze when there are fewer than 4 quizzers with top averages.
- [fix] Saving a round robin as a pdf now works correctly.
- [fix] Now correctly merges the buzzer system output for quizzes when merging tournament data.
- [fix] When manually click the reset button on question 1, now the audience display will show the correct score.
- [fix] When finish a practice quiz, it now shows correct information for the practice quiz at the bottom of the scoresheet, rather than the last tournament's information.
Version 1.6 (07/20/2009)
- [add] Now remembers if want to use session backup feature after each quiz is ended.
- [add] Added preference to have gold-silver-bronze medal ceremony at the end of each quiz.
- [update] Now remembers if want to live post from quiz to quiz to prevent scorekeeper from forgetting to click the live feed button.
- [update] When manually indicate who buzzed in, it now shows on the buzzer display.
- [fix] Make sure that there is a ruling on the last question of a quiz before exiting.
- [fix] Fixed code to be able to handle a reading when all 6 buzzers are pressed at once.
- [add] Time countdown changes from green to yellow to red.
- [fix] Fixed toggling so that can easily toggle back and forth between the command field and the notes field without issues using n to get to the notes field and ` to get to the command field.
- [update] Can now add notes in the notes field that will not be looked up in the material. After your lookup information in the notes field, use the character | (located on the same key as \) then type any notes that should not be looked up. This lets you look up material as well as add notes about the current question all in the same notes field. Ex: 4.16|preresponse foul
- [fix] Fixed bug where tournament summary would not display for less than 4 teams in a tournament.
- [fix] Added code to handle when a null team is created, so that the software treats it as a bye team.
Version 1.5 (03/10/2009)
- [add] Now can end a material lookup with one or more plus signs (+), such that each + will cushion 2 verses around the returned material. For example, 6.35+ will return verses 6.33 through 6.37. This is useful for questions relating to previous and following verses.
- [fix] Changed the way sounds are played so that there is no longer a delay in playing sounds on some computers.
- [fix] Coach view now displays individual total scores for yellow team.
Version 1.4 (02/26/2009)
- [add] Added option in preference window to make the buzzer status window appear even if a buzzer system is not connected (so coaches can see buzz in status for past quizzes).
- [update] Improved the live tournament update feature so that internet connection problems are more efficiently handled.
- [update] Delay the management of late buzz-ins to improve the efficiency of the first buzz-in. You will notice a delay in seeing the late buzz-ins in the status window now.
- [update] Gray out the word contest when have 2 denies, so scorekeeper is more aware when a team no longer can contest.
- [update] Moves to the beginning of the returned verses when do material lookup.
- [update] Faster sounding of the buzz-in when a quizzer presses the button (lag of a few milliseconds may have been possible before on a slower PC).
- [fix] Eliminated the slight delay between the time the interruption button is pressed and when it is called.
- [fix] Fixed bug that did not allow you to switch back to the cmd field from the notes field using the ` key (if a coach wants to work without a mouse or touchpad)
- [fix] Fixed bug that lost the buzzer status history for quizzes in imported tournaments.
- [fix] When a quizzer buzzes in, now the scorekeeper can continue typing in the notes field without control being taken away.
Version 1.3 (02/14/2009)
- [add] Added a buzzer clear button that just clears the buzzer. The reset button will clear both the question and the buzzer.
- [add] Added miniature display of all quizzers who buzz in to the bottom of the buzzer status window. This feature makes it easy to do a quick buzzer check.
- [add] Added additional lock status, stating "Red/Yellow needs at least 3 (or 2) to lock" etc so coaches can plan ahead and coach accordingly.
- [add] The buzz in record is now saved for each game, so coaches can go back and review who hit when.
- [update] Improved the visual display of the buzzer system status, and changed the buzz-in display to ranges rather than exact milliseconds.
- [update] Now displays the buzzer status on an external monitor automatically.
- [update] Now an interruption click will only be valid if it happens after a buzz in.
- [update] Optimized the buzzer system code, resulting in fewer buzzer ties and improved performance.
- [fix] Fixed practice quiz team selection so that all previously used teams show up in the Use Team list.
Version 1.2 (01/23/2009)
- [add] For material lookup, as you begin typing, you can see your results being refined, real time, to what you are typing.
- [add] For material lookup, added where you can search for a question mark.
- [add] Added a buzzer system reset button so buzzer system can be plugged in and unplugged during quizzes.
- [add] Added a 10 minute timer.
- [update] Moved some things on the scoresheet panel to a preferences area, such as printer fix, coach view, and buzzer window size.
- [fix] Allow creation of less than 4 team round robin tournaments.
- [update] Added buzzer window size choices (small, medium, large).
- [fix] Corrected an error where in rare cases old team information was used instead of information found in the latest team import file.
- [update] Improved the display of times for the buzzer system buzz-ins.
- [fix] Fixed bug where a team was deleted when the Add More Teams button clicked when working with team files.
- [update] Moved timekeeping buttons closer to center.
Version 1.1 (11/23/2008)
- [update] When there is a buzzer tie, the buzzer window now lists which quizzers tied.
- [update] The reset button now will really clear the buzzer system and stop whatever was happening.
- [fix] The buzzer system now works more efficiently and does not malfunction when going from one practice quiz to the next.
Version 1.0 (10/15/2008)
- [add] Live feed is now available for coordinators to use live during tournaments.
- [add] The complete Junior Quiz Rule Manual is now included. This manual is searchable for quick reference and rule checking.
- [update] The 2009 version is fully functional with verses from Luke.
Version 1.42 (07/16/2008)
- [add] Software now works with the new computer-based buzzer system.
- [update] Improved the generated matrix forms. Now for intermediate and experienced senior quizzing, the software will automatically generate matrix forms that attempt to prevent teams from losing to the same team twice as deep into the matrix as possible.
- [update] When open scoresheet in middle of quiz, automatically advances to the current question.
Version 1.41 (06/25/2008)
- [add] Displays under the question number the remaining number of seconds after a ruling for each question. This feature gives coaches a general idea of how long it took a quizzer to respond to a question.
- [add] Can now print labels for high scorer ribbons at the bottom of a printed scoresheet (using special paper with sticker labels).
- [update] Made improvements to 7, 13, 15, 16, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, and 29 team matrix forms.
- [update] For verse lookup, now starts at beginning when is a long list of results.
- [update] Can now use the command "rn" in the command field to indicate 'no response'. Also, can use "res" to indicate 'reset'.
- [update] For practice quizzes, quizzers are no longer automatically taken out of the game for quizzing or erroring out.
- [update] Changed SR name to EXP SR in download data menu.
- [fix] Fixed bug where sometimes a scoresheet did not save correctly.
- [fix] Fixed bug where team names are not updated on the matrix when tournament data from two different computers are merged.
- [fix] Fixed bug where a top team that forfeits is misplaced in the team rankings.
- [fix] Fixed bug where a quizzer on a team that had a bye could be placed on the att without the required number of team wins.
- [fix] Fixed blank space team name bug when creating tournaments.
Version 1.40 (05/14/2008)
- [add] Can now do verse lookup from the new text field located on the far right side of the main toolbar.
- [add] Can now create and edit team files from within the software.
- [add] Can now remove backup sessions from the server when they are no longer needed.
- [update] Remembers your session letter so you don't have to retype it every time you backup your session to the web.
- [update] An initial session backup is no longer restricted to be named session A.
- [update] Lists the all tournament team positions on the summary page, and notifies you if additional trophies may be needed for ties.
- [update] Simplified novice label so is a checkbox, either on or off.
- [fix] Fixed tournament setup where it correctly remembers the enddate setting.
- [fix] Fixed problems with championship round of a round robin.
- [update] Put a little more space between my scorekeeping checkboxes to prevent accidentally giving the wrong quizzer the response credit.
- [update] Make loss of 10pt bonus automatically reflected in score.
- [update] Have added way to move from notes to command field. Type ` to quickly move back to the command field.
- [update] Added a timeout for overtimes.
- [update] Improved verse lookup so that punctuation is ignored for exact phrases.
Version 1.39 (04/23/2008)
- [add] Added verse/word(s) lookup.
- [add] Added round robin capability.
- [add] Made it easy in the software to remember user preferences. This has been done so far for quiz program, verse lookup font and window size, and whether to call time or not in a quiz. Let me know if there are other settings you would like remembered in the software.
- [update] Improved tournament summary report.
- [update] Made matrix lines bolder so can fast print the matrix.
- [update] Made matrix more fair for up to a 60 team matrix.
- [fix] Fixed where you can contest on the second to last question.
Version 1.38 (04/10/2008)
- [new] Now save a backup of every tournament so that potential of losing data is narrowed.
- [update] Improved how the quizzer statistics are posted to the website.
- [update] Tells when game could be locked on the next question.
- [update] Put tournament name on page 2 of printed matrix.
- [update] Now show a message reminding users to wait for a tournament to finish posting before switching to another tournament or exiting the application.
- [update] On no response questions, now continue to show difference in score in center of scoresheet.
- [update] Make scoresheet timeout and contest boxes dark lines.
- [fix] Fixed newly introduced problem with setting up a tournament with more than one bye.
- [fix] Fixed import of tab-delimited text file where import will work even if blank rows are at the end of the file.
- [fix] Fixed error where gave score to non-existent quizzer because of double click on quiz out.
- [fix] Temporarily fixed a problem with rotated names on printed scoresheet by adding a second print button.
Version 1.37 (03/25/2008)
- [fix] Fixed the display of the highest scoring individuals on the tournament summary screen.
Version 1.36 (03/12/2008)
- [added] Added selection of Quiz Program, such as UPC, WPF, and ALJC. This setting allows all known Bible Quiz programs to utilize the software.
- [added] Can now delete from local teams database.
- [update] Coordinators can use the server to get the initial tournament set up out to the other sessions without having to post results first.
- [update] When merge tournament sessions, trophy information also merges.
- [update] Changed timer voice, and made the calling of time louder.
- [update] Removed single session/multiple session code so now have one standard matrix form for any given number of teams.
- [update] When timers are unlinked, changes official timer color to cyan to let you know it is "safe" to change the scoresheet.
- [update] Improved timekeeping so it automatically uses the scoresheet timer as the official timer.
- [update] Improved matrix design to make sure bye games don't get another bye in round 2.
- [update] Improved Tournament Summary display.
- [update] When post results to website, icon is active to indicate the data is still uploading.
- [update] Show summary window is now default for every quiz.
- [update] During tournament creation coordinators are now asked to verify their district.
- [update] Removed floating scoresheet panel capability.
- [fix] Fixed ability to record a contest on the last question.
- [fix] Fixed problem where when delete all data, still have some info showing up in places.
- [fix] Fixed rare bug where game results were assigned to the wrong game.
- [fix] Fixed bug in locked quiz calculation for practice games.
- [fix] Fixed error in calculating att for very small tournaments. Now base att on team number of wins rather than quizzer number of games played.
Version 1.35 (02/14/2008)
- [added] Added second window summary display (team scores, question number, official timer). Will display on a second monitor if attached.
- [added] Added official timer capability.
- [added] Added team color shading to scoresheet.
- [added] Can switch sides for red and yellow teams, so a coach can switch the view when seated behind quizzers.
- [added] Allow a tournament to be created automatically from a team import file with a given number of byes.
- [update] Improved session merge so now checks for team and quizzer changes, as well as differences in scores.
- [update] Display running team scores always.
- [added] Highlight when quizzer about to quiz (green) or error (orange) out.
- [added] Displays the difference between the two team scores. The color of the difference indicates which team is ahead by that many points.
- [update] When call timeout, automatically assigns it to the previous question.
- [update] When click contest, automatically goes to previous question. If withdrawn or denied, automatically advances to next question.
- [added] Can now save the filled-in tournament matrix as a pdf.
- [update] Moved edit matrix to menu item, and it is now an unsupported feature.
- [added] Added forfeit/bye button to quickly advance forfeit and bye games.
- [update] For question types, labelled checkboxes more clearly.
- [update] Made pulldown list bigger on scorekeeper helper.
- [update] Changed pulldown ordering for numbered teams in team edit screen.
- [update] Put check for version update in its own thread so speeds up startup.
Version 1.34 (01/24/2008)
- [added] Added ability to download tournaments from the website directly into the software.
- [added] Made menu link to display tournament summary screen.
- [added] At startup, software will notify the user if a new version is available on the website (if network connection is available).
- [added] Allows coordinators to backup sessions to the web, and retrieve sessions for merging session data together during a tournament (when wireless internet is available).
- [update] Now when the End Quiz button is clicked, the scoresheet automatically scrolls down to display the game summary.
- [update] Now can quickly advance to a question by clicking on the scoresheet, such as if you want to start keeping score in the middle of a quiz.
- [update] Re-designed team setup to make it easier to edit multiple teams at the same time.
- [update] Improved save of blank matrix so can choose where to save pdf file.
- [update] Lists quizzer full names in the scoresheet quizzer menu to handle cases where two quizzers on same team have same first name and same last initial.
- [update] Now indicates quiz type (beg, jr, int, sr) on scorekeeper helper.
- [update] Now allow team names with no quizzers in imported team excel file.
- [update] Now show a message saying import successful when a team file is imported.
- [fix] Fixed problem where xls file created on Vista computers could not be read by software. Vista users must still do file Save As Excel 97-2003 Workbook because the software is unable to read .xlsx files.
- [fix] Fixed bug where looking at a scorekeeper helper could corrupt the tournament data set.
- [fix] Fixed bug where it allowed the same team to appear twice in a tournament.
- [fix] Fixed bug where a coach assigns a response to a quizzer, then goes back to a previous question and accidentally changes a response for that same quizzer causing them to quiz out, hence the future response is assigned to none quizzer which causes an unhandled error (this really happened!).
- [fix] Fixed bug where if you have already imported a junior team file (even days before), and then try to import another different junior team file, the new team file that successfully imported would be overwritten by the old team file and appear not to have imported.
Version 1.33 (01/10/2008)
- [added] Added ability to read in a tab-delimited text file of teams with quizzers.
- [fix] Fixed bug in saving imported team excel file.
Version 1.32 (12/21/2007)
- [update] Merged standard and coordinator version so that post to web is activated by the license.
- [update] Improved posting of tournaments to website.
- [fix] Fixed bug where delete practice quiz choice is disabled when no tournament exists.
- [update] Improved matrix forms for 41-50 teams.
Version 1.31 (12/01/2007)
- [update] When a practice quiz ends, the highest and 2nd highest scorer are now shown on the scoresheet.
- [added] When create new tournament, asks user to verify that the tournament type setting is correct.
- [added] Added "Locate" as a question type on the scoresheet.
Version 1.30 Beta 1 (10/30/2007)
No changes since this is the first release.
We will be working to fix these issues for future versions of the software.
- For tournaments with greater than 80 teams, the matrix forms that are generated have not been improved yet to make them more fair to the teams. They will function, but some teams may play each other twice earlier in the tournament.
- When posting results to the web, switching view to another tournament can corrupt the posting.
We have compiled ideas for improvement in the list below. These improvements will be incorporated in future versions of the software.
- Add preferences for default district, quiz type, practice teams.
- For quizzer statistics, include how they do on type of question (such as 2-part).
- Make wider totals on scoresheet so don't have overlap.