BQQuote 2017 Software
Version 2.1 (released 8/30/2016)
|Activate Purchased License(s)|
BQQuote 2017 is a tool to daily quote quizzers. It keeps track of how well they are quoting every verse, and allows you to quickly create quote sessions over verses that are missed. As a parent, I created this program to help keep my 5-year-old focused at quote times, and to help me know which verses consistently are missed by my kids. With the software we are able to set realistic time and correctness goals in our quoting. I hope you enjoy this software as much as I do!
This software is licensed on a per computer basis for the 2017 quiz season (all copies will expire on 12/31/2017). Once installed, the download will work for 21 days without a purchased license.
- Practice Verse Beginnings - Quizzers can now practice verse beginnings by themselves. After a quote session, you now have the option of practicing the missed verse beginnings from just that quote session. You can also practive verse beginnings over a range of verses, such as verse beginnings for Acts 2:1-5.
- Study and Learn Verses Beyond Flashcards - Quizzers now have a tool to train their brains to recall verses more effectively than just flipping a flashcard back and forth and self-checking. Memorize verses by studying the verse with no vowels, studying the verse with only the first letter of each word, studying the verse with just word lengths, and studying the verse with randomly placed blanks.
- Mark Mistakes - You can now highlight quote mistakes in a verse, and be able to see those mistakes highlighted in future quote sessions so you know what mistakes to listen for as the quizzer quotes.
- Use Function Keys to Select Correctness - You can use the Function Keys (F1 - F6) to select how the quizzer misses a verse. This allows you to select correctness without having to move the mouse.
- Change Beeps During a Quote Session - You can now easily turn on and off the warning beeps during a quote session, not just at quote session creation.
- Now Displays Percent Correct and Number in a Row - As an extra incentive to quizzers, you can now set mini goals during a quote session such as "Try to get 10 in a row" or "Stay above 80% correct".
- Can Pause Session - You can pause the quiz session at any time, so if the phone rings or your quizzer needs a bathroom break, you don't have to exit the quote session to take a quick break.
|Main screen for quizzer Zachary|
|Create a New Session screen - Notice you can now choose to view highlighted mistakes from previous quote sessions|
|Summary screen for a single quote session - Notice you can now click buttons to practice missed verse beginnings or study selected verses|
|Summary Report screen for several days of quoting|
|Mark Quizzer Mistakes - In this example, the quizzer said "to" instead of "unto". Notice the new Pause button, and the percent correct and number correct in a row, located below the Save and Exit Quote Session button. Notice also the beep settings at the bottom of the screen.|
|Practice Verse Beginning Screen - The quizzer sees either the unique beginning or the verse reference, and recalls the answer. When ready, (s)he clicks the Show Answer button.|
|When the answer is displayed, the quizzer selects whether (s)he got it or missed it. If missed, that verse is randomly added to the queue again so that it is practiced more often until mastered.|
|Study Verses with No Vowels - By seeing the verse with no vowels, the brain is prompted or given clues so that the quizzer has a greater chance of success in recalling the verse. This technique helps train the brain to recall the verse correctly.|
|Study Verses with Just the First Letter of each Word - This study technique again gives the quizzer enough of a hint to be able to recall the verse and train the brain for faster recall.|
|Study Verses by Seeing the Word Lengths|
|Study Verses Using Fill-in-the-Blanks - Quizzers can self-drill by repeatedly solving the fill in the blank puzzles. Each time the verse is hidden, a new fill in the blank puzzle is displayed.|
|When the Show Verse button is clicked, the blanks are [filled] and the quizzer can mentally check their response.|